Guelph Ontario Bioidentical Hormones Specialist
Guelph Ontario Bioidentical Hormones Specialist Harmonie Eleveld, N.D. at Natural Choice Medical Clinic has years of experience treating patients, and she has successfully changed the lives of countless women in the Southwestern Ontario area. Naturopathic Doctor Harmonie Eleveld’s philosophy is to guide patients through the process of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy and empower patients to make their own informed medical decisions.
Guelph Ontario Bioidentical Hormones Specialist Harmonie Eleveld, N.D. seeks to develop a partnership with her patients throughout their healing process, and she focuses a high level of attention on building a strong doctor to patient relationship in a warm and caring environment.
As a Naturopathic Doctor Harmonie Eleveld, N.D. incorporates the latest advances in natural medicine with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to provide a powerful treatment plan for patients.
What is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathic medicine is a holistic method of healthcare delivery that focuses on treating the whole individual. It emphasizes prevention and treatment in order for the patient to realize optimal health. While holding firm to the belief that people naturally possess the power to self-heal, naturopathic doctors use a combination of modern, traditional, and scientific methods in guiding their patients towards better long-term health. As a doctor at Natural Choice Medical Clinic, Guelph Ontario Bioidentical Hormones Specialist and Naturopathic Doctor, Harmonie Eleveld, N.D. offers a number of treatments that embrace the philosophy of naturopathic medicine, most notably Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
The Six Basic Principles of Naturopathic Medicine
As with several other types of alternative medicine, naturopathic doctors understand that no one understands their patient’s conditions and symptoms better than the patients themselves. They work as a team with patients towards a common goal of optimal health and sustained wellness.
- Do No Harm: While all doctors take this oath, those who identify as a naturopathic doctor take three important steps to ensure that they help their patients rather than harming them. They use the least force necessary to diagnose and treat a health condition. When actively treating a patient, they use safe and natural substances and methods whenever possible that minimize the risk of side effects, such as Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. As an experienced naturopathic practitioner, Harmonie Eleveld, N.D. acknowledges and respects your body’s needs and strives to improve it without exposing it to further harm or risk of future illness.
- Healing Power of Nature: Naturopathic doctors believe that all individuals are born with an ordered and intelligent sense of healing powers. Unfortunately, some people are never able to exercise them due to severe physical, cognitive, and emotional limitations from the time of birth. For those who desire to tap into their inherent self-healing powers, naturopathic doctors such as Harmonie Eleveld, N.D. work with them and guide them to identify and remove obstacles to healing and recovery.
- Identify and Treat the Root Cause: Traditional doctors tend to see patients as a set of symptoms that must be suppressed or a disease that must be cured. Naturopathic doctors, on the other hand, are more interested in finding and treating the underlying cause of your symptoms so you can feel better indefinitely.
- Prevention: If Harmonie Eleveld, N.D. had her preference, she would rather help you avoid ill health than treat the symptoms of it. To achieve this, he continually assesses your risk factors such as genetic predisposition to disease. When appropriate, Naturopathic Doctor Harmonie Eleveld, N.D. uses interventions in partnership with you to prevent the development of symptoms or disorders.
- Education: When you work with Harmonie Eleveld, N.D., she prefers that you think of her as an partner in your pursuit of optimal health. In fact, the principle of “doctor as teacher” is one of the basic tenets of naturopathic philosophy. Doctors in this specialty believe in empowering their patients by educating them about the importance of self-care and maintenance.
- Treat the Whole Person: When you present with symptoms of hormone imbalance, dominance or deficiency, Harmonie Eleveld, N.D. understands there are numerous things besides normal aging that could be causing it. These typically include your unique emotional, physical, spiritual, environmental, genetic, and social factors. While traditional doctors only consider the physical, naturopathic doctors don’t consider any one of these factors to be more important than the other. Even if your only intention when visiting Natural Choice Medical Clinic is to find relief for hot flashes, sexual performance problems, or lack of energy, Harmonie Eleveld, N.D. may also provide counseling on other issues contributing to your overall sense of feeling unwell. For example, adrenal fatigue is a common problem caused by too much of the stress hormone cortisol. By identifying and eliminating stressors in your life while you are receiving Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, you stand the best chance of reaching your desired level of optimal health.
How BHRT Fits into a Naturopathic Approach to Healthcare
Guelph Ontario Bioidentical Hormones Doctor, Harmonie Eleveld, N.D. at Natural Choice Medical Clinic uses Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for several important reasons. First, the compound is created from plants with an identical cellular structure as hormones in the human body. For most people, this means a low level of intervention without the risk of side effects. Secondly, by identifying hormone imbalance as the root cause of your issues, Naturopathic Doctor Harmonie Eleveld, N.D. can help you eliminate similar problems in the future. Thirdly, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy encompasses the healing power of nature with the unaltered genetic structure of its ingredients and by enabling the body to find balance and regain optimal function.
Last but not least, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy fits into a naturopathic approach to healthcare because it allows doctors to treat you as a whole person. This is possible because naturopathic doctors such as Harmonie Eleveld, N.D. consider your input as valuable as their own when creating an individualized Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to correct your specific levels of hormone imbalance.
Getting Started With Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Harmonie Eleveld, N.D. will start by testing an individual’s hormone levels to check for imbalances. While waiting for salivary hormone testing to come back, Naturopathic Doctor Harmonie Eleveld can provide herbal support to ease symptoms and can also address other health concerns. When testing results come back, hormones can be prescribed. Upon determining imbalances, the patient will start on a customized Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy program. Harmonie Eleveld, N.D. typically prescribes Bioidentical Hormones in the forms of creams, gels, or vaginal suppositories.
Patients can call or email the clinic and typically receive a call or response back the same day. If reception deems it necessary, the patient can book a phone or in person consult. Follow-ups are 1 month after patients begin the Bioidentical Hormone prescription, and then testing is repeated at 3 months and then every 6 months after that, assuming no side effects or other problems are experienced.
Naturopathic Doctor Eleveld’s extensive experience in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy has allowed her to see amazing results in the lives of many patients. Designing Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy programs has allowed Harmonie Eleveld, N.D. to greatly benefit patients and improve their overall levels of health and wellness.
To learn more about receiving a Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy program, contact Guelph Ontario Bioidentical Hormones Specialist, Harmonie Eleveld, N.D. at Natural Choice Medical Clinic today to schedule a free consultation!